Monday, December 17, 2012

Hoping You Have a Happy Holiday Season

     It has been a bit off track for us here at Game Crossing Studios. A system crash just as we finished a demo leading into what often is a very busy time of year for so many people. I wish I could say that we are ready to present our game to you this Christmas season, but sadly it is not ready and given the current challenges it may be a while...

     Our demo is still available on our website, and it is still FREE! It does have some bugs and based on feedback there are a number of changes and alterations we hope to make as we retool and rebuild what was lost. Biggest lesson learned this year: BACK-UP EVERYTHING! LOL

     This does provide opportunity for us to really attack this with a fresh eye and with all the experience gained from the previous experiences. Sadly it was not a completed project, but we will be adding a LOT of extra style to our game, so luckily for you (the gamer), you will one day be able to get our very best, without all the DLC and patches to make it as polished as it should be from the beginning.

     Outside the realm of game making and looking at the real world, what are your thoughts and feelings about this time of year? Sometimes the pressures to find the "prefect gift" or the challenges placed on us to attend to matters dealing with the close of the year can make the time stressful and less than happy. What do you do to decompress?

     If I were to offer my thoughts and opinions (as I can being the writer), I think that one of the best ways to decompress is to take some personal time. It doesn't have to be much, which is good because I think many people would be hard pressed to find much time for a lot of personal time. The purpose is to quiet the world around you and really refocus and/or let go of whatever frustrations you may have. (preferably not on the road during your commute please.) Ultimately do something that will help you relax and enjoy life. Read a book, play a game, call a friend, go for a walk, even just taking a quick nap. Life is quick and life is short, make sure the journey isn't wasted the bottom line or some distant destination.

     For me games are a good way to de-stress, but we try not to lose sight of reality knowing that we all have real life challenges and responsibilities.

That's why we say: Live Life. Play Games.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas & Joyous and Prosperous New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude!

    Thank you so much, However I am going through issues with your RSS.
    I don't know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody getting similar RSS problems? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!
    My blog ... games for girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous: Thanks for reading our Blog! We are really glad that you've enjoyed it. In addressing your question about our RSS feed, we had not heard or seen any issue with subscribing up to this point. You may know more about RSS feeds than I do, but one thing I did learn was that if it is a feed through a particular browser (I believe Atom runs through the browser) then it is more or less attached to that particular device/computer. (Again, RSS isn't a subject I know a lot about, so I apologize if this is not completely accurate. This is how I've understood it up to this point.)

    If you could share more details about what it is or isn't doing, it may be more helpful. Again, I'm a bit new to RSS, but I believe that it posts new material to the location specified, whether it be Google, or a Browser-based. We haven't posted anything new in a while, but will be doing so probably tomorrow. Maybe it will show up then...?
    Let us know. Again, we really appreciate you and all those that read us. Have a great Christmas, and we'll try to resolve this before next year.

    ReplyDelete